Salesforce System Analyst
Job Classification/Title: IT Systems Analyst 2
Job Code: 4802
Job Grade: I
Department: Business Affairs, University IT
Stanford’s central IT organization is looking for an experienced Salesforce System Analyst to join the Enterprise Technology team in the implementation and adoption of Salesforce. This position requires a level of understanding of Salesforce.com’s (SFDC) internal architecture and Lightning platform technologies. This is a hands-on resource that has familiarity with all aspects of SFDC, including the technical requirements, system configuration, user requirements, and related policies and procedures. As such, this position is expected to leverage their knowledge to meet clients’ business requirements. The ideal candidate will work closely with the technical team, with business partners and project managers.
This position will capture and model/map business requirements, and work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions. This role will serve as project leader on small to medium-sized projects or on a portion of a larger project, as assigned.
- Act as single point of contact between IT and the customer.
- Perform necessary business and system analysis to gather all pertinent data related to issues in production system, patches, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements and identify gaps between requirements and the application. Assist business partners with determining deliverables, creating system test plans, identifying test scenarios, managing user-acceptance testing and conducting production roll out of resolution.
- Collaborate with developers on application specifications and system enhancements to ensure appropriateness of design and delivering resolution of issues; work with business partners to test and deploy resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist with initial determination of the feasibility of requests and ensure user requirements are thoroughly and accurately documented in accordance with standard techniques.
- Interact with team members, the user community and others on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification and delivery of business requirements.
- Make formal recommendations, and write application specifications, including conversion, upgrade and interface routines.
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with system development lifecycle methods.
- Team up with business partners and developers to set realistic response time and/or deliverable expectations.
- Manage the implementation of the approved development in partnership with developers and business partners.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or related fields and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong capabilities in the following: data mapping, conversion, table structure knowledge, running and analyzing traces, configuration settings, page customizations, security updates, custom coding logics, issues analysis and recommendations, running SQL queries, documentation skills, test scripts development, functional analysis, coordination of user acceptance and sign-off, business process improvement, fit/gap analysis, requirements documentation and process flow charting, presentation of options and solutions facilitation.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to take business requirements to formulate Solution Design.
- Ability to work with local and offshore software development teams.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Salesforce.com administrative configuration.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Salesforce Development Tools.
- Experience with Workflow Rules, Validation Rules, Assignment Rules.
- Experience with Web Services development and Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/Metadata).
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and app exchange apps.
- Good understanding of application architecture principles, protocols and practices, including data structures, data modeling, and data security.
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Database Design and Software Development Lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of Community Cloud and Education Cloud.
- Good knowledge of marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot or Marketing Cloud.
- Good knowledge of agile development project management tools such as Jira, Asana, or Pivotal Tracker.
- Good knowledge of team collaboration tools such as Confluence, Basecamp, or Sharepoint.
Certifications and Licenses
- Salesforce Sales Cloud certification preferred
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand,
- Lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, scheduled to open in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such a onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
- We are not able to provide relocation for this position. Sponsorship is possible.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.