Web Software Developer
How to Apply
Application Instructions: All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. In order for the Career Portal system to accept a cover letter please include a cover letter as a page of your resume document.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Generally required 2-4 years experience with web design and website maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with relational database design and management.
- The ability to translate business needs into database design and application workflows.
- Good organization and problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate problems and take initiative, structuring one’s own activities and using resources in ways that maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Willingness to learn and comprehend additional technical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; the ability to relate to a diverse workforce, and the ability to effectively liaison with faculty, staff, and students to synthesize ideas and create consensus
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities in a timely fashion; aptitude to develop more efficient processes; evaluate problems, and offer creative solutions
- Knowledge of Drupal, WordPress or other open source web content management system
- Knowledge of FileMaker and MySQL database technologies
Application Deadline - In order to receive full consideration for your application, please submit your bid within the first seven calendar days of this posting. UM job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days and the SSW may start the review/selection process as early as the eighth day after posting. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.