IT Field Team Lead
Department : Computing And Information Services
Position Type : Technical And It
Grade 7 (£33,199-£39,609)
This post is full time and permanent.
As a member of the Computing and Information Services (CIS) Support Services Team you will be expected to lead, manage and provide effective and customer focused support to all users of University IT in a timely and professional manner within the area of the Business School and Hill Colleges.
Maintaining and develop support for the University’s Business School is a specific element of responsibility. The Durham University Business School is one of an elite group of business schools in the UK to hold triple accreditation: AACSB, AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System). Appointment to this role should support the fulfilment of the ambition to become a recognised Top 20 European business school and be among the top 10 business schools in the UK.
The purpose of the post is to enable University staff and students to use IT effectively in teaching, research and operations. It is a supervisory role that includes the monitoring, measurement and management of IT support services with 20-25% of the post holder’s time spent leading and developing a Field Team of staff. This includes being responsible for reporting metrics and issues to the relevant Area Manager. The role requires a passion for customer service delivery, problem solving, excellent communication skills and a high level of IT knowledge.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering, supporting and developing IT services to meet customer requirements.
- Possess excellent communication and liaison skills and a proven experience of managing and developing a team.
- Be competent to manage, support and develop existing business relationships and fulfil the requirements of the relevant departments in line with the University’s academic vision.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, other IT colleagues and external service providers, supporting the effective use of existing systems and efficient implementation of new ones.
- Drive forward an agenda of technology-enhanced learning, assuming lead responsibility for the day-to-day local IT operations to ensure excellent outcomes which meet the expectations, of internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the maintenance and support of academic department staff and students, professional support services and college-based needs.
The post holder’s core operating area is the Business School and Hill Colleges, however the University operates on multiple sites so there may be requirement to work on occasion at Queens Campus Stockton, Ushaw College near Bearpark, NetPark near Sedgefield or other future sites around Durham.
For more information about this role, please contact:
Area Manager, Field Teams
Closes midday on : 26-Oct-2018