At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great science needs great people! If you have experience in talent acquisition, sourcing and HR administration, this could be your opportunity to further your career. Join a first class in-house recruitment team in a place like nowhere else on earth. CERN, take part!
Sourcing Assistant in the Human Resources Department (HR), Talent Acquisition Group (TA), Programmes Coordination Section (PC).
You will join a highly motivated multi-national team to attract and recruit candidates for CERN's various employment and training opportunities. For more information see http://careers.cern/.
- Contribute to the branding and visibility of our student and graduate opportunities in line with CERN's EVP; propose associated sourcing actions based on an analysis of the diverse applicant pools.
- Ensure continuous analysis and monitoring of job portal performance, applications received, and the impact of campaigns, in close collaboration with the teams; optimise and coordinate tailored and timely sourcing and communication campaigns, using job boards and other suitable channels for diffusion.
- Support the head of section in the administration of the Fellowship Programme (including contract follow-up and coordination of the "Buddy Programme").
- Contribute to the global CERN candidate experience by proposing continuous improvements and streamlining administrative processes, taking an active role in ad hoc team projects as required.
Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of marketing, communications or HR, or a related field.
- Experience in sourcing and/or branding and communication preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in an administrative support role.
- Experience with web and content management software and social media (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter) would be an advantage.
- Talent Acquisition: sourcing.
- Text editing and proof-reading: ensure accuracy of sourcing and branding materials.
- Customer service.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: selecting the appropriate medium and forum to communicate; expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point.
- Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating a willingness to accept changing circumstances; supporting initiatives for change; adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft and/or translate accurate texts in English.
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 11.11.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: HR-TA-PC-2018-107-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further