Institutional Research Analyst
Classified Title: Institutional Research Analyst
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000185-Institutional Research
Personnel area: University Administration
The Institutional Research Analyst (IRA) will support the Institutional Research (IR) office's core activity of capturing and analyzing data and presenting information on faculty, students, academic programs and related topics for university decision-making and assessment. The IRA will be responsible for responding to internal and external requests for information about the university, preparing data for annual and longitudinal profile reports on the university, preparing data for benchmarking studies and peer exchanges, and designing visual displays for information.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Collect, refine and manage data from internal and external information systems, surveys and data stewards.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of the data both independently and on teams.
- Communicate findings in written, graphical and oral forms.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their information needs and tailor the analyses to address those needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that requires significant work in research and statistical methods (social science, computer science, business, statistics, etc.) required.
- One year related experience required. Prior experience in Institutional Research in higher education preferred. Command of terms, definitions, standards, and sources of information in higher education preferred. Experience with mandatory federal, state, and accreditation reports preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience).
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated aptitude for data analysis and detailed reporting including the use of descriptive and analytical statistics.
- Strong technical skills and programming experience with statistical packages (e.g., SPSS), experience writing queries and using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Business Objects); high level of skill with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and consistent analyses.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills; ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills; discretion to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or personal information.
Note: Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information