Clinical Trials Coordinator
- Salary Package: From $71,052 to $80,783 p.a. (HEW Level 5), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term position for 12 months.
We are seeking a Clinical Trials Coordinator to work on a range of clinical research projects within our Clinical Trials Program. The role involves validating clinical trials data to ensure consistency and accuracy, ensuring trial protocols have been adhered to as well as coordinating and monitoring the progress of assigned clinical trials. Key responsibilities of the role include assisting with patient recruitment and liaison, collecting patient data, data validation and management, and reporting.
Drawing on your previous clinical trial experience, you will have an established understanding of clinical trials protocols, processes and a solid understanding of research ethics and governance.
You will have previous data management experience with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst consistently maintaining excellent attention to detail. You will be professional, empathetic and passionate about patient care, working with patients in a sensitive and confidential manner.
The Macquarie University Clinical Trials Program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences was set up in January 2013 to provide patients with opportunities to participate in the latest medical advances in cancer treatment. The Program has since continued to grow with research into a range of therapeutic areas drawing from the University’s research centres and works closely with industry sponsors to deliver timely access to cutting-edge therapies and investigations into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the selection criteria below in a separate document and upload the document as part of the application process.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, medical science, allied health or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Demonstrated database management skills with an ability to navigate through medical records systems and at least a basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Previous experience providing clinical trials support and an established understanding of clinical trials protocols, ethics and governance.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP, the National Statement and other relevant Australian research guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with patients in a sensitive manner and maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of data.
- Experience taking and processing patient samples and venepuncture skills, or a willingness to obtain it (desirable).
For further information regarding this role please click here to view the position description
Note: This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with MQ University requirements. You may also have to satisfy Macquarie University that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
Specific Role Enquiries: Louise Francisco on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 11:55 pm (AEDT)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.