Lecturer in Contemporary Art, Sculpture
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $98,009 to $111,365 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing
- The ANU School of Art & Design is focused on achieving excellence in research and teaching in accordance with its position within Australia’s highest ranked university.
- The ANU School of Art & Design is seeking to appoint an artist with an international profile in contemporary art to contribute to the visual arts program.
- SOA&D is a supportive and transdisciplinary research and teaching community that prioritises the artistic practices and research.
The ANU School of Art & Design (SOA&D) is focused on achieving excellence in research and teaching in accordance with its position within the Australian National University (ANU), an outstanding, research-intensive institution ranked among the great universities of the world. The SOA&D is a supportive and transdisciplinary research and teaching community that prioritises the artistic practices and research of its academic staff, and the development and delivery of rigorous undergraduate and graduate art education and supervision.
The successful candidate will contribute to this ecology with their experimental and high profile artistic research and through excellence in teaching, and will have the necessary experience in studio-based art practice and theory education.
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is one of seven Colleges at ANU. The College, which is structured into two main research schools, offers degrees in more than 20 discipline areas and excels in research across the creative arts, humanities and social sciences. The College has a substantial international research presence and is a major source of national policy advice.
Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research, and 57 are members of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia, or both. We also host 13 Australian Research Council Future Fellows and three ARC Laureates. A hub of vibrant activity, we host more than 270 lectures, concerts and exhibitions each year, most of which are open to the public. Our students, staff and graduates come from more than 60 nations, bringing a diversity of perspective to campus life.
For all enquiries please contact Alex Martinis Roe,
T: +61 2 6125 5837
Closing date: 2 December 2018
Position description: Lecturer Contemporary Art (Sculpture)_Level B_PD.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Application information In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.