Loti Smorgon Chair of Contemporary Jewish Life and Culture
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will apply
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact.
The Loti Smorgon Chair is a teaching and research Professorship based in the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation. The holder of the Loti Smorgon Chair will have expertise in a discipline relating to contemporary Jewish life and culture: relevant fields include, but are not restricted to, cultural studies, literature, anthropology, sociology, philosophy and religion. The incumbent will be responsible, in conjunction with the Director of the ACJC, for leading and coordinating research and teaching activities in the field of contemporary Jewish life and culture, and the Centre’s innovative and expansive public program.
The incumbent is an outstanding academic who has excelled in research, undergraduate teaching and postgraduate supervision.
The incumbent will be able to:
- Identify and act upon opportunities for advancing a range of subject offerings within contemporary Jewish life and culture
- Ensure effective interaction between the Centre’s programs and other parts of the faculty and University, particularly in relation to cooperative teaching and research activities.
The position of Loti Smorgon Chair will be held for 5 years, and may be extended after a review for an additional 5 years at the discretion of the University. The position will be underpinned by a continuing appointment as Professor.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to How to apply for a senior academic position.
Professor Christina Twomey, +61 3 9905 2182, (email@example.com).
Friday 9 November 2018, 11:55 pm AEDT