Undergraduate Admissions Seasonal Application Reader
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Undergraduate Admissions Seasonal Application Reader is an occasional hourly (non-exempt; non-benefits) position responsible for evaluating candidates for undergraduate admission as well as carrying out other assigned projects as needed. This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of Admissions who is in charge of the evaluation process.
- Thoroughly read, critically evaluate, and recommend appropriate admission decisions on highly competitive applications in a committee-based evaluation process.
- Carry out other admissions-related projects as assigned by the Senior Associate Director
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience reading applications in an admissions office
- Ability to work, and comfort with, diverse audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Incumbent must be conscientious, proactive, self-motivated and a strong, positive team player
- Must have the ability to participate in a fast-paced, creative, and success/deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail, especially as it pertains to the holistic review of application materials
- Exhibit professional behavior and excellent judgment in executing all activities of the office
- Ability to work in the admissions office during normal business hours; maximum 20hr/week.
- Knowledge and experience reviewing applications in a selective college admissions office
- Experience reading applications in an admissions office in a higher-education setting
- Cover Letter