Analyst, Information Technology
Support and maintain desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripheral devices as well as provide first level application support for Duke Cancer Institute (DCI) computer user community. The service desk/desktop support analyst, senior position provides IT support for DCI's members, their staff, and associated researchers and provides a team lead / senior position for DCI IT service desk team. DCI IT administers - 100 servers (Windows and Linux) and approximately - 1200 endpoints including desktop PC's, laptops, and printers. DCI IT responsibility can be as basic as workstation configuration and support, and as complex as research system management, database analysis and custom application programming. At the core of this position is complete customer satisfaction. Job duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Primary support for 1200+ desktop, laptop and printers.
- Primary Apple MAC / iOS support technician. Provide support for DCI’s environment of ~ 200 Mac Desktops, iPads, iPhones and other Apple devices. Develop deployment and management procedures for DCI’s Apple products, test upgrades, and provide end user support to customers and 3rd level support to team mates on apple products. Document apple procedures for both customers and teammates.
- On call 24x7 for 1 week out of 5. This entails triage of all incoming IT emergencies during off business hours for dissemination to other (database management, application development/support) groups and resolution of position specific problems.
- On service desk 1 week out of 5 (different week than on-call). This entails answering phone for DCI IT, resolving issues via phone conversation, remote control, or assignment of call to other desktop support analysts.
- Work closely with other Duke entities to provide a contiguous, safe IT environment (Information Security Office, Duke Health Technology Solutions, Duke Office of Information Technology, etc.)
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of all supported Windows OS versions and all supported Apple OSX versions.
- Installation configuration and maintenance of peripheral devices such as printers, supported smart phones and tablets.
- Installation, configuration and support of supported software.
- Maintain accurate documentation for hardware/software inventory, support knowledge base etc.
- Provide end user training for supported hardware, software and procedures.
- Maintain user Active Directory (and other) account and group memberships.
- Provide AV support for supported conference rooms and DCI IT owned AV equipment.
- Support remote access and international travel as needed.
- Work closely with systems administrators to provide seamless IT support to customers.
- Work with other groups members as a team to provide all of the above in the most seamless manner possible.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent technical experience plus an additional three years IT experience required.
- Excellent team skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent intrapersonal skills, including oral and written communication, listening, and attitude; ability to work in a complex team environment with medical personnel, clinical monitors, statisticians, and programmers
- Excellent desktop application support experience to include the Microsoft Office suite, including versions 2010, 2013, and Office 365.
- Excellent computer operating system troubleshooting skills including all supported Windows desktop OS's and Apple OSX versions
- Excellent understanding of workstation and file and print server interaction, operation, maintenance and repair
- Working knowledge of iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc) and Android devices and their respective OS's. Experience with these devices in a corporate environment desired
- Understanding of Local Area Network operation and communication fundamentals, including Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Working knowledge of service desk applications (e.g. Service Now)
- Working knowledge of Debian, Red Hat, or Ubuntu Linux workstation OS a preferred
- Working knowledge of remote management and software distribution
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Experience with JAMF, Casper, Airwatch and other management products for Apple a plus
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. The intent of this job description is to be representative of the level and the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities
Requisition Number 401504230
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID