Patient Account Analyst
Coordinate the preparation of operational, statistical and financial reports. Review and analyze cash reconciliations and operational trends and advise PRMO, DUHS and PDC leadership regarding changes in those trends.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of cash reconciliations, deposit reports, key performance indicators and other reports and analyses for senior DUHS, PRMO and PDC management.
- Maintain liaison with DUHS, PRMO and PDC managers and staff in the preparation of cash reconciliations, deposit reports and analyses to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from projected and actual cash receipt data.
- Monitor budget expenditures and prepare written reports for PRMO management identifying progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Continually monitor financial systems performance and prepare written reports and analyses for PRMO management documenting adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Supervise and coordinate staff in the preparation of cash reconciliations; train and mentor staff to broaden their skills regarding cash reconciliations, policies and procedures.
- Provide information to various external organizations concerning fiscal operations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Research and resolve cash management issues both internal and external
The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Ability to work remotely with collaborative team approach
- Ability to develop consensus in a group with diverging views
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, and the industry
- High-energy candidate with a strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated team skills
- Excellent analytical/accounting/statistical reporting skills
- Supervisory skills
- PC – Intermediate
- Excel – Advanced
- Word – Intermediate
- Access – Intermediate
- Data entry
- SAP General Ledger Systems and EPIC Systems a plus
- Treasury Bank Sites
Merchant Services: Technical/System Support Duties
Credit Card Processing/Reconciliation Support (currently utilize Payment Navigator)
Serve as System Administrator for Payment Navigator
Handle Credit Card Inquiry - Incidents, Requests, etc.
Handle Credit Card technical support - open tickets, technical support tasks, and Testing
Handle direct clinic calls/emails - Support Cash Management hotline (primarily credit card related)
Handle Cash Draw and Deposit Tool Clinic Balancing - Credit Card activity primarily
Lead yearly audit compliance assessments and reviews Credit Card activity and user access
Actively participate in Weekly Meetings related to credit card updates
Work on E-Commerce Initiatives and Projects
Provide Training to Staff in regards to credit card processing and related activity
Provide Analytical Support related to credit card activity (Tracking Volume Data)
Maintain Vendor Related Relationships
Requisition Number 401504839
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Code 5481 PATIENT ACCOUNT ANALYST
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, accounting,finance or a related field is required.
Four years of experience in healthcare accounts receivable, financial management, accounting or a directly related field is required.