Perform administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor and program leadership of clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency of departmental or divisional office operations.
- Screen and route mail, emails from MD and MSTP mailboxes, answer telephone phone calls inquiring about the admissions process; determine which to respond to or which to bring to supervisor attention based on content of communication and knowledge of departmental programs and activities.
- Order all supplies and catering orders for MD and MSTP offices.
- Organize and maintain program files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of department; maintain up-to date management and procedural manuals, directives, and related records; compile and summarize data and assist in preparing regular and special reports
- requiring analysis and evaluation of data; check and compare with source documents and bring significant items, changes, errors or omissions to the attention of the supervisor.
- Assist Financial Analyst with review and reconcile departmental or divisional budgetary records, payroll and with preparation of budgetary projections and recommendations based on instructions and established procedure.
- Assist Program Coordinator with all aspects of the Multiple Mini Interview (MMIs).
- Prepare letters and statements a portion or all of which may be composed or compiled on the basis of personal knowledge of subject matter; prepare interdepartmental memoranda explaining new or revised policies and procedures as necessary.
- Arrange for and schedule appointments and meetings for Associate and Assistant Deans of Admissions, interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities; transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members; serve as liaison with internal and external agencies; make proper referrals as necessary; prepare materials and make arrangements for conferences and travel; prepare necessary documents for supervisor's use in meetings; may attend meetings to take minutes or provide information as requested.
- Advise or direct secretarial, clerical or other personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401506450
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 708 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accountingactivities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID