Marketing, Communications and Public Realtions Specialist, Senior
The Communication Specialist is responsible for the implementation of promotional ideas and activities in support of PRMO business objectives and in alignment with Duke Health’s Core Values. Successful candidates should have a proven track record in verbal and written communication skills, comprehensive marketing and business communications, graphic design and web-based design to promote DUHS / PRMO activities, programs, and educational / informational materials for targeted audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Media and Campaign Development
- Lead the development and content of the PRMO newsletter, edit SharePoint and other websites; develop other communication materials using traditional and non-traditional networks to best market and promote organizational programs, objectives and successes. Consult with department communicators to determine organizational need and project parameters.
- Plan and manage multi-faceted and customized communication initiatives. Conceptualize and create communications from creation through delivery.
- Use multimedia-based content creation approaches to include video production, graphic design, marketing, SharePoint sites, etc. to create dynamic and engaging communication campaigns.
- Review and revise media in support of PRMO patient communication efforts.
- Provide communication and promotional support for special events and DUHS/ PRMO initiatives.
- Develop and manage a robust media management structure based on industry best practices specific to content, file management and versioning.
- Develop PRMO SharePoint site content and serve as a partner to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and aesthetics of the PRMO departmental SharePoint sites.
- In a leadership capacity, develop and implement marketing and communication campaign strategies to support organization initiatives in alignment with PRMO mission and vision. Create internal brands, image and graphic designs for online and print media aligned with Duke Health branding guidelines in support of organizational program objectives. Cultivate strong relationships with Corporate and DUHS entity communicators to align PRMO communication strategies and messaging to ensure consistency and representation of PRMO presence across Duke Health.
- Develop and maintain strong operational partnerships with organizational media stakeholders/owners in support of delivery of developed strategic communication campaigns (PRMO Administration, PRMO Human Resources and PRMO Learning Center). Develop and share tools and best practices for preparing and disseminating information; provide direction in the techniques for dissemination.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing skills, understanding and ability to interface with and design websites, social media tools and other technologies, understanding of advertising and principles of marketing. Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Trend analysis.
- Customer service.
- Requires standing for periods of time, walking, pushing and full range of motion.
- Strong sense of organizational sensitivity and the ability to understand internal workings of all levels of an enterprise.
Requisition Number 401500978
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Code 5278 MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS & PR SPEC, SR
Job Family Level E3
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business or related field is required.
Two years of directly related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID