Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.11 - $20.79
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: 37.5 hours, M-F
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001101-Epidemiology
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The Budget Assistant will provide support to EPI department Faculty and Administrative office staff. Position will be responsible for processing accounts payable transactions and performing basic monthly reconciliation of accounts. This position will monitor and complete purchases, process routine financial transactions, and enter basic financial data into University systems. Position will provide general secretarial support to Epi Administration staff and select Departmental faculty.
- Enter accounts payable transactions into the SAP system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation according to University policy.
- Process non-purchase order invoices, credit memos, down payments, recurring entries, and wire transfers.
- Process trip approvals (as necessary), travel advances, reimbursements prior to and after travel, and local travel reimbursements in accordance with JHU and Federal Guidelines.
- Track documents from creation to payment and trouble shoot any problems that may occur.
- Process shopping carts in SAP, track purchasing orders, create good receipts and ensure that staff and faculty receive goods that they have ordered.
- Create new vendors in SAP as needed.
- Process Independent Contractor shopping carts and payments.
- Obtain and use appropriately the University Procurement Card. Follow established University and Departmental guidelines for using and reporting on the Procurement Card.
- Operate office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine and scanner, personal computer to manage e-mail, electronic calendar and other forms of electronic media.
- Assist with the allocation and review of other Departmental Procurement Cards.
- Obtain, distribute, monitor, and reconcile logs for gift cards on a monthly basis
- Sort and distribute mail and send out courier mail.
- Maintain calendar for selected faculty members.
- Make routine travel and hotel arrangements.
- Organize and schedule meetings, conference calls, seminars and symposiums. Coordinate items such as A/V equipment, food, room reservations, etc.
- May assist with typing correspondence, manuscripts, grant proposals, PowerPoint presentations and filing.
- Answer telephones.
- Pick up and deliver materials as requested.
- Serve as a liaison with IT and Facilities to issue tickets, resolve problems/requests, and assist with setup of new employees.
- Fast paced often stressful environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED, and one year experience.
Familiarity with University and department policies and procedures preferred. Experience using SAP systems preferred
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: