Technology Resource Analyst
Job Code: 4722
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Faculty Support department is looking for a Technical Resource Analyst. The job purpose is to facilitate the integration of technology into teaching, learning, and/or research activities.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with providing departmental leadership for using technology in teaching, learning, community building and/or research. Oversee or provide assistance in the direct integration of technology into course curricula, extra-curricular or co-curricular learning, and/or research projects.
- Lead the development of resources, seminars, courses, or workshops to disseminate information about uses of technology.
- Actively encourage and support the use of computer-based tools by developing and implementing new tools and resources for instructors or students, assisting them with the tools, disseminating knowledge of these tools throughout the program or university, and creating and supporting an infrastructure that allows use of the tools in research, teaching and/or learning.
- Assist with coordination of academic learning technology policies, procedures, and support.
- Lead projects to develop innovative uses of technology for research, student learning and/or community building. Consult on development of software applications, or work with on- or off-campus resources to develop or adapt software solutions.
- Consult with and help instructors and/or departments to incorporate technologies into faculty research projects, course design and curricula and/or co-curricula in support of student learning goals.
- Stay abreast of educational technology research and participate in academic conferences.
- Provide expertise and support in applying instructional design methodologies to the development, implementation, and evaluation of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Provide outreach and advocacy within and across departments for effective uses of educational technology.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree plus four years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expertise in utilizing technology to enhance teaching and research.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Demonstrated ability to express course material and pedagogic goals through the imaginative application of technology to existing materials and structures.
- Ability to plan, design, develop and evaluate engaging multimedia learning/training objects.
- Experience with delivering applications in a networked environment.
- Excellent teaching, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with members of the academic community; demonstrated experience working in an environment with colleagues of diverse backgrounds and customs.
- Demonstrated expertise with instructional design methodologies, pedagogical issues and best practices for classroom, online and hybrid learning.
- Excellent time management and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks and use good judgment in providing services based on goal.
- Expert knowledge of Macintosh and Windows environments, and facility with Unix.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering technical training to a non-technical audience.
- Expert knowledge of learning management systems and various classroom and online learning technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse audience of faculty, staff and students.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.