Research Associate/Research Fellow in Rehabilitation & Reintegration of Youth Offenders in Singapore
POSITION OF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/RESEARCH FELLOW
The Research Associate / Fellow will join a multi-Agency national longitudinal research project. The project focuses on the rehabilitation and reintegration of youth offenders in Singapore. The target sample is youth offenders and youth at risk. The study will examine the interaction between developmental and environmental factors with regard to offending, and investigates the influence of these factors on successful rehabilitation and reintegration of youth into society.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Research Associate/ Fellow will perform a crucial role in managing the data-related tasks in the study.
The Research Associate / Fellow will:
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of Research Data Management
- Conduct data analysis and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Prepare research reports and publications
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the research project
- Participate in research related activities (seminars, workshops, etc.)
- A Master’s degree in relevant areas, degree by research or at least two years’ experience in large scale research projects
- Proficient in data-related tasks
- Excellent scientific writing skills
- Excellent in quantitative research methods (such as SEM) and proficient in the use of SPSS or other software such as R, Mplus, Stata.
- Excellent work planning and time management skills
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in a changing environment
- Good communication skills (e.g. inter-personal skills, ability to present findings to different stakeholders)
- Strong interest in research in the forensic and rehabilitation field
- Self-motivated: Able to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Passion for high-impact research
- PhD in quantitative psychology
- Research experience in longitudinal studies
- Publications in scientific journals
Applicants are expected to address all requirements and job responsibilities.