Analyst, Information Technology, Service Desk
3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday (11:30pm - 8:30am)
Provide customer service and technical support for the computing needs of Duke University and members of the Duke community as an analyst for the Office of Information Technology’s service desk.
DUTIES & WORK PERFORMED:
- Provide initial and follow-up technical and customer support primarily via phone, web, instant messenger and email. Support includes email accounts, connectivity issues, operating system problems, enterprise applications, and a variety of desktop software packages.
- Monitor incident management queue (ServiceNow) for all incidents. For each incident, perform QA on troubleshooting steps taken to date; determine appropriate escalation path and assign incident to appropriate team for resolution; validate expected incident response and resolution times; and provide contact information directly to customers.
- Follow-up (via phone, email or in person) with technical response teams on incidents that have not been responded to and/or resolved in order to ensure highest level of customer service. Provide timely follow-up to originating customer and respond to inquiries and concerns they may have.
- For all escalated tickets, determine whether knowledge management artifacts, self-service or help desk tools, or published web site information could solve this incident in the future; provide key details for such improvements to appropriate work teams as needed.
- Work with colleagues and supervisors to ensure smooth communication and escalation flow during major outages during and after normal business hours.
- Provide direct technical support to technology support staff in partner IT units.
- Follow standard operating procedures and guidelines in relation to all work performed.
- Participate in regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work with the Service Desk management to ensure smooth communication and escalation flow during major outages.
- Escalate Tier 3 problems to appropriate support groups through the incident-tracking system and according to department problem resolutions process.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other duties as required.
- Constant attention to customer service
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Exceptional multi-tasking capabilities
Minimum of associate’s degree in computer related field and 2 – 3 years of technology support experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in computer troubleshooting and customer support.
Requisition Number 401502717
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID