- Prepare classroom materials as requested by faculty. Assist faculty with on-line courses, using BlackBoard and other software applications. Gather information from multiple sources, compile material in coherent fashion and prepare for presentations and distribution to groups. Prepare Power Point and other presentations. Perform web-based searches to gather information as required by faculty.
- Compile data and prepare first drafts of letters, memos, presentations, etc. for faculty. Compose, format, keyboard, proofread and edit correspondence, reports and other material. Review and proofread all outgoing material for grammar, accuracy and completeness. Alert author to discrepancies.
- Prepare, update and maintain electronic databases (i.e., Endnotes) and libraries. Assist with grant-related work activities.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for faculty by booking flights and hotel accommodations; maintain records of travel expenditures; submit forms for reimbursement. Independently follow up to ensure all payments are received and are correct. Ensure all materials needed during travel are included in the travel folder.
- Work with the Business Office as necessary to prepare requisitions and coordinate approved purchases. Provide required purchase documentation. Follow up on receipt of items ordered.
- Oversee and coordinate preparation of materials for special projects and various reports. Coordinate the distribution of announcements and other materials to faculty, staff and
- Set up and maintain files in logical system. Ensure consistency between the electronic and regular files, and have detailed knowledge of what is contained in those files. Independently review files to ensure they are as up to date as possible, they are orderly, and contain only pertinent information; archive or purge files according to record retention schedule or as directed by faculty.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings; conference calls and appointments as directed. Reserve rooms, arrange for audio visual needs, order food, gather material and confirm attendance for functions.
- Work cooperatively with staff assistants and other staff. Perform additional functions incidental to faculty academicor general support activities. Participate in phone duty as scheduled Provide coverage for other staff as necessary.
Requisition Number 401504419
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req ID