Assistant Director of Human Resource & Employee Experience, Duke Raleigh Hospital
As part of the Duke University Health System, Duke Raleigh Hospital is a rapidly growing, 186-licensed bed hospital located in the heart of Raleigh, NC employing close to 1,600 caregivers in acute and ambulatory settings. Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Assistant Director of Employee Experience is responsible for creating the operational plan to achieve the organization’s strategic goals related to our team and their work experience at Duke Raleigh Hospital.
The Assistant Director also:
- Designs, delivers and leads efforts related to employee-centric programs to enhance their experience and create loyalty including but not limited to affinity groups, culture champions, diversity council, orientation, onboarding programs, recognition and town halls. Cultivates a positive work environment that upholds Duke’s values. Facilitates focus groups and uses feedback to inform and refine plans. Leverages communication channels to tell stories about the employee experience at Duke Raleigh Hospital.
- Serves as project manager and subject matter expert related to employee engagement surveys and corresponding commitments. Leads hospital-wide efforts to improve overall engagement. Works closely with leaders to refine plans, reach goals and sustain progress.
- Oversees efforts to prevent employee harm and works with Duke MOVES program and workers’ compensation teams to enhance employee compliance with safety. Works with the Live for Life team to improve engagement with wellness offerings. Provides leadership to the Employee Health department.
- Supports the CHRO in determining and driving strategic initiatives for Human Resources at Duke Raleigh Hospital. Plays a support role in the delivery of leadership development programs and succession planning. Develops and communicates plans based on identified strategies to reach goals and solve problems. Finds opportunities to leverage technology and bring innovation to the delivery of HR services.
- Provides a proactive, practical and valued HR perspective in partnering with leadership on the application, interpretation and implementation of Human Resources policies and practices. Understands the business and partners with peers and colleagues to find creative solutions to complex human resources matters.
- Work with others in an approachable, engaging and respectful manner. Collaborate effectively with colleagues and peers across Duke University Health System and Duke Corporate HR.
Requisition Number 100030779
Duke Entity DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
Job Code 5182 ASSIST DIR, HUMAN RES
Job Family Level H1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work generally requires skills, knowledge, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Human Resources or Hospitality required, sufficient to demonstrate expertise in:
- Strategic planning
- Program development
- Analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Internal communications
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
Licensure, and/or Certification:
PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead up, across and down
- Effective communicator, with strong professional and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, with organization and accuracy
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of a variety of human resources disciplines i.e. benefits, compensation, compliance/regulatory, employee relations, recruitment, performance management
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID