Health Center Administrator, Brier Creek, Children's Specialty Clinic
- Provide overall administrative and nursing direction and oversight for policies,procedures and programs of a complex, multi-discipline adult ambulatory clinic/practice.
- Oversight of all clinical and clerical operations at BC Peds,including financial/budgetary processes.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, orientation,performance appraisals, promotions and scheduling; and counsel and conduct formal discipline of staff, and staff skill development/learning.
- Oversight of Peds Programs: Specialty and Non.
- Be available for on-call emergencies involving the facility, staff,patients, and supplies/meds.
- Develop operating policies and procedures for Duke BC Peds.
- Ensure compliance with The Joint Commission, Infection Control, OESO, DUHS, PDC,NCBON, AAMA and AMT Guidelines and FDA
- Development of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement projects to improve outcomes.
- Manage meetings and follow-up and attend meetings with PDC and Department.
- Maintain liaison with all levels of administration, physicians, and outside organizations, to coordinate clinic/practice business, accomplish directives and to facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Determine fiscal requirements, budgeting, purchasing, prepare financial statements, marketing List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
Provide overall administrative direction and oversight for policies, procedures and programs of a single-specialty ambulatory clinic/practice at a single site with visit volumes less than 30,000 annually.
Provide overall administrative direction and oversight for policies, procedures and programs of a large, complex, multi-discipline ambulatory clinic/practice at: a single site with visit volumes of at least 30,000 annually OR two smaller, single-specialty sites.
Provide overall administrative direction and oversight for policies, procedures and programs of multiple ambulatory clinics/practices at: two or more multi-disciplinary sites OR three or more single-specialty sites.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. incidental to the work described herein.
- Provide administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs of a single-specialty ambulatory clinic/practice at a single site.
- Establish schedules, task assignments and allocation of manpower, space and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental commitments.
- Determine fiscal requirements, make projections and prepare the budget; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds; prepare financial statements reflecting status of programs and activities; ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Maintain liaison with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations to coordinate clinic/practice business, accomplish directives and to facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Direct the compilation of and/or prepare operational and financial reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Develop operating policies and procedures for the Health Center; conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices; implement new policies and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Represent the assigned Health Center in meetings, conferences and maintenance activities within ambulatory clinical operations. Assume accountability for achievement of balanced scorecard targets.
- Direct and coordinate various personnel functions including, but not limited to: hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties
- Assumes the same types of duties, but with responsibility for a large, complex, multi- discipline ambulatory clinic/practice at a single site.
- Assumes the same types of duties, but with responsibility for multiple ambulatory clinics/practices at two or more sites.
- Will also serve as a preceptor and/or mentor for other HCAs and managers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Duke Accounting System
- Personnel Practices
- Budget Projection
- Duke Personnel Policies
- Data Analysis
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 25lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401504906
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 5049 HEALTH CENTER ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forr easonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business or healthcare-related field.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Work requires 1 year of related administrative or clinic/practice management experience to acquire competence in applying general operational practices, personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of clinic administrative functions.
Work requires 3 years related administrative or clinic management experience to acquire competence in applying general operational practices, personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of clinic administrative functions.
Work requires 5 years related administrative or clinic management experience to acquire competence in applying general operational practices, personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of clinic administrative functions.
Auto req ID