MHealthy Site Coordinator
How to Apply
The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
MHealthy will be offering qualifying benefits-eligible faculty and staff the opportunity to earn a monetary incentive for completing a health questionnaire and wellness screening in 2019. MHealthy is partnering with StayWell Health Management, LLC to provide these wellness screenings and will need assistance from several Site Coordinators to help facilitate the on-site events.
A typical day for these Site Coordinators would include:
- Arriving at the MHealthy main office in Ann Arbor up to three hours before the event.
- Packing all necessary supplies and equipment (all instructions and information will be provided for each day and screening location).
- Loading the above materials in a U-M vehicle
- Driving the U-M vehicle from the main office to arrive at event location at least 1 ¾ hours ahead of time.
- Legally parking vehicle in U-M lot or parking structure.
- Walking to building and going to the screening room by 1 ½ hours prior to event beginning
- Ensuring the room is open
- Working with StayWell to set up the screening event
- Greeting any early screening participants and guiding them to a waiting area until event is ready to begin
- Assisting during the screening event at Check-Out and/or Registration
- Working with Lead staff for any issues
- Walking around site grounds and promoting event, encouraging participation, etc.
- Answering MHealthy questions as needed.
- Packing up at the end of the day and returning to the main office
- Unloading and unpacking supplies in designated area at the main office
Coordination of supplies for the screening events (packing lists and supplies will be ready for each date/location). Coordination of screening location: meeting the building contact person, going to the screening room 15 minutes prior to StayWell arriving to ensure the room is open and ready; trouble shooting and resolving any issues if room is not ready or available. Working with other MHealthy and StayWell staff as needed. Lead point person for the event day on all aspects. Communicate and meet with MHealthy Lead as needed throughout project.
- Graduation from high school supplemented by at least two years of college and/or a combination of related experience and education.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated professional level of interpersonal communication skills including excellent customer service orientation and the ability to interact with a diverse population
- Strong multitasking skills with dependency and ability to promptly deliver services
- Ability to work as a team and take direction as needed
- Basic IT knowledge and ability to trouble-shoot basic computer and/or internet access issues.
- Ability to routinely move and set-up/take-down computer equipment and other events materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position for long durations. Position does also require the ability to move about the event location in order to coordinate needs of event staff and participants.
- Ability to work for long hours, including early morning, evening, midnight and/or weekends in a variety of locations.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record Check is required prior to being hired.
- CPR/AED preferred but not required.
- 2018/2019 Influenza Vaccination preferred but not required.
A typical day will last 10 to 14 hours in length. A work week will range between 22 - 40 hours with most work being done Monday – Friday on a variety of work shifts (days, afternoons and midnights) although there are occasional weekend work shifts.
Position will begin in late December with training dates on December 17, 19, January 3, 4 and 8, 2019. Screening events begin January 9, 2019 and will run through April 2019.
This position requires traveling to various U-M locations, including but not limited to Ann Arbor, Brighton, Dearborn, and Flint, Michigan.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Temporary Staffing Services is posting and screening candidates on behalf of the hiring University unit. A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.