Program Evaluation Specialist
4 days left
- Full Time
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Program Evaluation Specialist will join the coordinating center of the Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group (MPOG) and serve as a Quality Improvement Coordinator for the Anesthesiology Performance Improvement and Reporting Exchange (ASPIRE). This position is funded as a full time position.
MPOG is a consortium of 45 medical centers aggregating large volumes of observational inpatient electronic health record (EHR) data, patient reported outcomes, and long term administrative outcomes. MPOG consists of institutions from the US and Europe who have an anesthesia information management system (AIMS). Sites utilize the MPOG data for both research and quality improvement initiatives. The Program Evaluation Specialist will serve as the clinical contact for MPOG to assist institutions with the clinical and technical aspects of becoming an MPOG member.
ASPIRE connects hospitals across Michigan in an effort to measure and improve the care of patients throughout the state. Funding provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) and Blue Care Network (BCN), is enabling anesthesia providers to investigate methods to decrease variation in care known to impact perioperative complications.
For more information, see our website: www.mpogresearch.org and www.aspirecqi.org
- Serving as primary point of contact for questions related to research data, QI measures, clinical content mapping, and expected results
- Data validation and QI report interpretation
- Serving as clinical liaison and resource for coordinating center IT staff
- Developing certification and on-going continuing education programs, i.e. case studies, online modules, case study questions for site quality coordinators
- Reviewing, managing, and addressing concerns, including data upload issues, fulfilling program requirements, and potential gaps in data submission
- Participating in occasional inter-departmental activities, such as meeting, conferences and conference calls
- Preparing training material and guidelines to educate physicians and Anesthesia Clinical Quality Nurse Reviewers (ACQRs)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing with a minimum of three years clinical experience in anesthesiology or a perioperative unit (preoperative holding, operating room, post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- Experience in use of electronic health record for quality improvement, research, or analytics
- Experience and/or additional training in informatics
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including MS Access and Excel
- Experience with gathering, elucidating and validating data and information requirements
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with competing data needs
- Enthusiasm and self-initiative for making a difference in the lives of patients undergoing anesthesia
- Candidate must be committed to data security and the protection of sensitive information with demonstrated knowledge of applicable data use and sharing safeguards
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate knowledge via educational tools in print, online, and other media
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently, set goals, promote teamwork, coordinate and perform multiple activities and problem solve as measured by interview, references, and performance evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to set and implement priorities, organize and delegate effectively and efficiently
- RN Licensure
- Clinical Quality Improvement experience
- Additional training in informatics, information systems, computer science, or similar discipline
- Clinical research experience
- Masters of Science or Doctorate of Nursing Practice
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.