VE Teacher, Community Services
- Convenient CBD Location
- 6 x Full-Time, Continuing Positions (see below)
- Salary + Superannuation (dependent on position sought and applicable qualifications)
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
Located in the heart of Melbourne on RMIT's City Campus, the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies is one of RMIT's largest schools. The School's vision is to contribute to a just and sustainable world, and to deliver education, training and research. We provide academic programs in both Vocational and Higher Education.
Our School's vocational education activities focus on:
- Co-design with industry and service users
- Innovation in the curriculum to incorporate the latest research in social services
- Commitment to evaluation and ongoing, open feedback designed to improve the quality of programs and student experience
With these activities and commitment to growing VE at RMIT, the School is focused on growing its VE workforce by engaging new staff who have a passion, motivation and commitment to developing and delivering quality, innovative vocational education outcomes for students and industry.
The Role and Your Responsibilities:
Due to sustained growth in our social economy related programs the School is requiring persons to undertake the roles of VE Teachers in the highly regarded industry areas of the Ageing, Disability, Community Services, Alcohol and Other Drugs and Youth Work.
- VE Teacher, Community Services X 2
- VE Teacher, Alcohol and Other Drugs X1
- VE Teacher, Social Care X 1
- VE Teacher, Youth Work X 1
- VE Teacher, Future Social Services Institute programs X 1
Skills & Experience Required:
The successful candidates will have experience in teaching in the area of vocational education and will also have a strong industry understanding of any of all of the above areas of focus.
It is expected that you will have the capacity to effectively coordinate curriculum areas and work effectively in the teaching team to deliver distinctive and leading education and training. You will work closely with related industry groups as well as developing strong internal relationships with other areas within the university.
- To be considered for this position, it is essential that candidates possess a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
- For appointment at a classification of Teacher 3.1 or above, the appointee must hold a professional teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma or above which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent qualification accepted by the University.
** Please ensure you specify in the application form drop down box (on RMIT's careers page) which role you are applying for. If you are applying for more than 1 role, please specify in a cover letter.
For further information please contact Anthony Graham, Associate Dean VE Programs, School of Global, Urban, & Social Studies on +61 3 9925 4411 or to view the position descriptions visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 570852
Applications close on Sunday 4th November October 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.