WIL Administrator, Social Work
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
About the role
- $90,752 plus 9.5% Superannuation
- 12-13 month-Fixed Term contract- covering parental leave.
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Administrator (Social Work) will be responsible for placing all Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) students in field placement opportunities and all other placements within the School of Social Sciences.
In doing so, the Administrator will liaise with professional social workers and relevant agencies to identify and obtain appropriate field education placements for Bachelor of social Work (Honours) students; prepare students for field education placements; participate in teaching of field education seminars where needed and support the School of Social Sciences in the development and maintenance of administrative systems for field education and field education policy.
- Under the direction of the Senior WIL Placement Officer (Social Work) arrange placements for students within any Social Sciences programs according to criteria and circumstances
- Prepare and coordinate the supply of accurate and timely information regarding field placement opportunities to host providers, UNSW staff and students
- Work closely with professional social workers and other relevant agencies to identify and obtain suitable social work field education and other internship placements
- Conduct pre-placement interviews with students, identifying those who may require additional support during the placement
- Undertake Liaison Visits across the Sydney Metropolitan Area as needed and under the direction of the WIL Placement Officer
- Prepare and teach Work Integrated Learning Seminars for both students and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Academic convenor/s and student services to manage the identification, monitoring and support ‘at risk’ students
- Undertake administration of field placements ensuring maintenance of the data base and other record keeping systems regarding field educators and students
- Support WIL Placement Officer and School Manager in the supply and review of accreditation materials
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 28th Oct 11.00 pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity