Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Course Coordinator, Master of Teaching, Secondary
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $120,993 - $139,510 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation
Salary: Level B $98,775 - $117,290 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Level C $120,993 - $139,510 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Level of appointment is subject to qualifications and experience
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
The MGSE is seeking a talented academic for a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer – Course Coordinator, Master of Teaching (Secondary) position, to lead the Master of Teaching (Secondary) course (MTeach), including the design, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the course.
As the successful candidate you will ensure the course is aligned with MGSE’s strategic directions and policies and complies with national accreditation requirements. The Course Coordinator will lead a diverse team working with stakeholders across the University, the Graduate School, and with partner organisations and authorities in the education community in the development of pre-service teachers.
The Course Coordinator will promote high quality and sustainable learning and teaching practices, including the use of innovative learning technologies and pedagogies and participate in research and other scholarly activities concerning the evaluation of the effectiveness and continuous improvement of the course. The Course Coordinator will play a key role in demonstrating the impact of the MTeach program through leading the Secondary stream’s contribution to the monitoring, research and evaluation plan and building on a well-established culture of research-informed practice.
In addition, you will:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the theoretical framework of evidence-based, interventionist clinical models of pedagogy and individualised learning informing the MTeach program;
- Lead a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with colleagues to ensure cohesion across the five MTeach streams; and
- Design and deliver high quality teaching and learning in your field of expertise and undertake associated research.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment; and
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Advertised: 11 Oct 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Oct 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time