Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Program Coordinator, Master of Teaching
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $145,685 - $160,500 (Level D)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - 17% superannuation
Level C $120,993 - $139,510 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Level D $145,685 - $160,500 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Level of appointment is subject to qualifications and experience
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
The MGSE is seeking a distinguished education academic for a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor – Program Coordinator, Master of Teaching position, who will hold a senior leadership role within the MGSE learning and teaching portfolio.
As the successful candidate you will have oversight of the overall Master of Teaching program across all five streams ensuring alignment with MGSE’s strategic direction and lead a multidisciplinary team in the transformation of education practice and advancement of teacher education.
In addition, you will:
- contribute to strategic planning and the advancement of teaching and learning goals and objectives through business planning and program/course review processes;
- nurture our culture of research-informed practice and promote innovative learning technologies and pedagogies;
- advance the program’s plan for demonstrating effectiveness and impact through leading the collection of evidence to evolve the monitoring, evaluation and research strategy;
- sustain best practice in quality design and delivery of initial teacher education by ensuring all Master of Teaching program streams meet the internal course approval standards and external accreditation requirements; and
- design and deliver high quality teaching and learning in your field of expertise and impactful research publications.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment; and
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Advertised: 11 Oct 2018 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Oct 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time