Lecturer in Veterinary and Animal Science, Teaching Focused
- Part-time (50%), fixed term contract until 31 December 2022
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 FTE per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
La Trobe University is seeking to enhance its capabilities for providing advanced training in Veterinary Sciences and related disciplines including biosecurity, animal health, diagnostics and biotechnology. We are looking to appoint a teaching-focused academic to strengthen our partnership to deliver the Bachelor of Veterinary Nursing and the Bachelor of Agriculture and Technology, delivered with Melbourne Polytechnic under a Third-Party teaching arrangement.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent training, accreditation and standing recognised by the University as appropriate for the discipline of Animal, Equine or Veterinary Science.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 11 November 2018 by 11.55 pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Tony Gendall, +61 3 9032 7466, email@example.com
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.