Faculty Operations Manager
- Operationalise and implement strategy
- Process improvement and change management
- Opportunity to create change and high impact across UNSW Business School
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world. At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
About the role
- $119,207 – $126,491K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Continuing appointment
- Full Time
Reporting to the Faculty Executive Director (FED) the Business School Faculty Operations Manager is key to the successful running of UNSW’s Business Faculty. The role has four direct reports and dotted line reponsbility for other functions. You will lead your team in providing a high level of operational and project management support to the Senior Deputy Dean as well as the AGSM Director and Dean. With service excellence in mind, you’ll partner across a broad range of strategic and operational matters.
Key to your success:
- Contribution to the UNSW’s and specifically the Business Faculty’s strategic plan
- Partnering with the senior management to operationalise and deliver planning requirements
- Partnering with the FED in communicating and implementing the Faculty strategy to stakeholders
- Accurate reporting and advice to facilitate decision making across the running of the Faculty
- Manage urgent or critical Faculty matters or issues as required, providing relevant assistance and management advice
- Provide leadership to Schools and Faculty in the management of complex issues.
About the successful applicant:
You’re an experienced business manager with exceptional communication skills ideally gained in a large, complex higher education institution
Specific requirements include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with extensive relevant management experience
- Significant project management experience
- Proven experience in strategic and operational planning
- Proven ability to successfully exercise independent judgement and problem solving
- Excellent consultation, communication, and networking to achieve organisational outcomes
- Proven leadership skills managing a team of professionals
Please address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Lead
T: 02 9385 3169
Applications close: Thursday 8th November 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.