Human Resources Administrator 1
The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Financial Aid Office strives to enable all admitted students to take advantage of the opportunities at Stanford through one of the most generous financial aid programs in the nation. We are a dynamic team of dedicated professionals committed to serving all students, both undergraduate and graduate, and their families. We maximize use of technology to provide funding, tools and information necessary to meet educational expenses for all students. We ensure that institutional, governmental and private funds are administered in compliance with the highest standards of fiscal responsibility.
Visitor Information Services welcomes more than 100,000 visitors to campus annually, offering campus tours and providing information about the university and the surrounding area. The trained staff of student tour guides represent many academic disciplines and campus activities including student leadership, performing arts, community service, and athletics. We help visitors navigate and enjoy our world-class facilities, sprawling foothills, and distinctive sandstone and tile architecture.
The Offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services seeks a Human Resources Administrator to provide human resources administrative support to the Director of Administration and Operations and staff.
Your responsibilities include:
- Serving as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolving basic issues as appropriate. Referring other issues to Director of Administration and Operations for resolution.
- Coordinating the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and reference checking, applicant disposition with Director of Administration and Operations.
- Supporting and coordinating employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assisting in onboarding and exit process of staff, as needed.
- Supporting the process (transactions and documentation) for staff appointments student appointments, and temporary appointments as needed.
- Coordinating and/or performing HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensuring data integrity and serving as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. Performing time and leave administration duties, and inputting data to financial system, as needed.
- Explaining applicable disability and leave procedures, and generating related correspondence, updating and maintaining reports to track leaves and HRIS records, as appropriate.
- Assisting in the communication of the new hire trial period review process, annual performance appraisal process, reviewing and tracking incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintaining personnel and human resources related files, including emergency forms.
- Providing general human resources administrative support to the Director of Administration and Operations.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree (Bachelor’s degree highly desirable) and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Box experience. Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in human resources and provide examples of your experience with problem solving, confidentiality, project management, customer service, multi-tasking, attention to detail, responsiveness..
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.