Professor/Associate Professor in Personality Psychology
About the position
We have a vacancy for a Professor/Associate Professor in Personality Psychology
- Specific responsibility for teaching in the field of personality psychology. Teaching in quantitative methodology will also be required.
- Participate in exams work without special remuneration.
- Has the right and obligation to carry out research within his/her professional field.
- Administrative tasks
- Jointly responsible for academic matters together with other academic staff at the Department.
- Required to participate in teaching activities in accordance with the relevant curriculum and to assist in further development of the field and teaching program, including continuing education.
- Supervision of master students, clinical psychology students and PhD students in his/her discipline.
- Teaching in other fields can also be required.
The Professor/Associate Professor is obliged to follow the regulations that concern changes and developments within the discipline and/or the organizational changes concerning activities at NTNU.
- University education within psychology and scientific competence in personality psychology at PhD level or higher is required.
- Competence within trait psychology, test psychology and behavioral genetics will be given particular weight.
- Competence within research methods in psychology is required, in particular within quantitative methods.
The position of Professor requires documented university education within psychology. Documented scientific competence in personality psychology at PhD level or higher is also required.
The applicant’s research must be documented and of high international quality, showing both breadth and depth. Production must reflect an independent research profile and show the ability to take up new research issues. Continuous research activity is a prerequisite for the granting of professorial competence. Strong emphasis will be placed on publication of research results in recognized international journals within his or her subject area. The greatest emphasis is placed on academic work during the past five years (except statutory leave).
Emphasis will be placed on ability and experience in initiating and leading research and development work, and in obtaining external funding for research. Emphasis will also be placed on a documented commitment to teaching, development of teaching materials, and supervision of students at all levels.
For more information regarding qualification as Professor in psychology, please see: Nasjonale retningslinjer
The position of Associate Professor requires university education in within psychology. Documented scientific competence in personality psychology at PhD level or higher is also required.
The ability to initiate and lead research and development work will be emphasized. Strong emphasis will be placed on publication of research results in recognized international journals within his or her subject area. The greatest emphasis is placed on academic work during the past five years (except statutory leave).
If no applicants are suitable for the position, NTNU might consider temporary employment for up till three years with the aim of future qualification for a permanent position. Permanent employment will, in that case, occur without a new announcement, but based on an evaluation by a committee; see Section 6-5 (1) of the Act relating to Universities and University Colleges.
Other requirements for both categories:
Basic qualifications in the discipline of education are required. Anyone who is appointed without having formal basic qualifications in the discipline of education (formerly referred to as practical qualifications in teaching at university level) and who is unable to document equivalent qualifications is required to complete an approved course within two years of appointment. Uniped at NTNU offers qualifying courses.
Pedagogical skills and qualifications will be emphasized. The evaluation will be based on documented material related to teaching, forms of presentation for the academic works, experience in teaching, supervision of doctoral and master’s degree subjects as well as other types of pedagogical background. Applicants with teaching experience at university level will be preferred. Quality and breadth will be evaluated.
Employees who do not have formal qualifications in teaching at university level and who cannot provide documentation of equivalent qualifications must complete an approved pedagogical development programme within two years of appointment.
The person appointed must comply with the decisions about changes due to developments in the subject area, and the organizational changes that may result from decisions regarding the university's activities.
The applicant must be fluent in English or in a Scandinavian language.It is a prerequisite that within three years of appointment new employees who do not speak a Scandinavian language can demonstrate skills in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language equivalent to level three in the course in Norwegian for speakers of other languages at the Department of Language and Literature at NTNU.
Please see the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts for general criteria for the position.
The following will be ascribed high importance:
- good teamwork skills
- solution- and result orientation
- ability to work structured
- motivation to contribute to a good work environment
The applicant must also have the ability to create a positive environment for learning and to cooperate well with students.
In the assessment of the best qualified applicant, education, experience and personal suitability will be emphasized, as well as motivation for the position.
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- Academic challenges
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of Professor (code 1013) is normally from NOK 682 200 to NOK 979 000 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority. The gross salary for the position of Associate Professor (code 1011) normally from NOK 576 100 to NOK 658 300 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees at any time, and after the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
The person appointed must live in a location enabling him/her to be present at and available to the institution.
The total obligation to work shall be divided into research within the field, teaching and administration. The division between these fields of work obligation will vary, but approximately equal time should be devoted to research and teaching.
About the application
Applicants must within the application deadline submit these following documents in the application website www.jobbnorge.no:
- CV and authorized documentation of certificates and study records
- Academic works - published or unpublished - that you would like to be considered in the assessment (normally 5-10 works)
- A description of maximum 5 academic works that you regard as most relevant and that you particularly want to be taken into account in the assessment
- A list of all publications with bibliographical references.
- Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. NTNU wishes to increase the proportion of women in its academic positions, and women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Further information about the position is available by contacting Head of Department Ute Gabriel; phone +4773591778, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the application process is available by contacting the HR section by Kirsten Sjolte; e-mail email@example.com.
Submit your application with your CV, diplomas and certificates via jobbnorge.no. Applicants invited for interview must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas. Mark the application with reference number: SU-248.
Deadline for applications: 02.12.2018
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Psychology
normal; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">Our research and teaching are based on five perspectives: biological, cognitive, social, personality and developmental psychology. We offer a clinical programme in psychology as well as study programmes in the psychology of learning and in work and organizational psychology. We have also three outpatient clinics in which we treat patients as part of the clinical programme. The Department of Psychology is one of seven departments in the Faculty of Social and Educational Sciences.
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Place of service Dragvoll