Lecturer in Interactive Digital Media
- Full-time, Continuing Position
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in the area of data sciences, computational intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity and mobile and wireless networks.
About the position
This Level B teaching and research academic position is expected to make a contribution to the discipline at the national and international level. You will develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline.
We especially welcome candidates who are able to demonstrate a strong research and teaching track record in interdisciplinary research.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong record of research publication, with evidence of quality and impact, relative to opportunity.
- Strong record of interdisciplinary research and collaboration.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposals submitted to external funding bodies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching.
- Demonstrated competencies in computer coding and an ability to teach fundamental computer science subjects.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 16 December 2018 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Henry Duh, +61 3 9479 1920, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.