Business Development/Commercialisation Manager
- Delivering from Research Excellence in Physical Sciences/Engineering/Manufacturing/Mining
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Support and enable UNSW research and commercialisation goals
- 5-year fixed term contract
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress n Economic Prosperity, delivering from Research Excellence, as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government and help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will focus on identifying new partners and opportunities for UNSW technologies, R&D, innovation and broader capability. They will leverage UNSW technologies and capability to build relationships with external partners including industry, government and communities to generate revenue across all knowledge exchange channels. These include research partnerships (contract and collaborative) and IP commercialisation, as well as consulting and continuing education.
As an expert in one or more of Physical Sciences/Engineering/Manufacturing/Mining sectors, the Business Development Manager will operate as the key person between the University and external partners and will drive complex negotiations to ensure we achieve our ambitious 2025 strategy and revenue goals.
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate significant revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
Specific requirements include:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (preferably post-graduate)
- Significant relevant experience in one or more of Physical Sciences/Engineering/Manufacturing/ Mining industry sectors as aligned with University’s research strategy
- Proactive and motivated with a demonstrated ability to generate commercially beneficial networks and channels
- Outstanding track record of achievement in closing business deals including research partnerships (contract, collaborative, consulting) and IP commercialisation (licences, spinouts/start-ups, Intellectual Property).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training and capability development to a research and/or academic community
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use sound judgment in resolving issues as they arise
- Demonstrated experience developing commercial deals, partnerships and IP agreements
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria).
Applications close: Monday 29 October 2018 at 10 am.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: 02 9385 2401
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.