- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- $64,924 - $72,923 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Life Sciences undertakes teaching and research across three main departments, including Physiology, Anatomy & Microbiology (PAM), Ecology, Environment & Evolution (EEE) and Animal, Plant & Soil Sciences (APSS).
About the position
This position will work as a member of a technical team that supports teaching and research activities within the School of Life Sciences. You will be responsible for maintaining the effective running of the teaching preparation and laboratory areas for the delivery of high quality practical classes. This varied position will primarily focus in Microbiology teaching and therefore will require background related to this discipline.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- A science degree with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or laboratory experience in microbiology, molecular biology, immunology, cell biology and/or biochemistry.
- Demonstrated capacity to conduct specific laboratory techniques including: aseptic technique, handling of PC2 microorganisms, recombinant DNA techniques and light microscopy.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of scientific teaching and/or research equipment/facilities, with respect to operations, maintenance and problem solving.
- Effective record keeping skills (both paper and electronic), including the ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 28 October 2018 by 11.55 pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Sui Lay, Tel: +61 3 9479 1114, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.