Head of Department, Management
- Appointment Type: Full-time, Fixed term for 5 years with a substantive continuing academic appointment.
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We seek an exceptional candidate to undertake the role of Head of the Department - Department of Management. Reporting to the Executive Dean, you will be responsible for the academic, strategic and administrative direction of one of our largest departments and have a unique opportunity to contribute to Macquarie University as a distinctive and admired presence in the Australian and international higher education landscape.
You will bring extensive senior academic experience in the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the demonstrated ability to foster the growth and development of teaching, learning, research and discovery in the management discipline. To be successful in this role, you will have a well-articulated research agenda, a record of high-quality publications and the proven ability to work effectively with a large and diverse department and as a member of an executive team. Your ability to develop relationships and networks and ability to mentor and support the professional development of academic and professional staff will be critical to your success.
The Department of Management offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses encompassing business administration, leadership and human resource management as well as exploring fields throughout international business, entrepreneurship, organisational studies and strategic management. We address the challenges faced within the rapidly evolving business environment through our quality teaching and research, giving both students and broader industry a competitive edge.
The Faculty of Business and Economics is on an exciting journey and aspires to be recognised as
a leading global centre of business education and research. We have brought together the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), Macquarie Applied Finance Centre (MAFC) and the Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) into a single coherently led business school, creating opportunities for innovation and investment in our courses and our research strengths. Our courses are highly regarded by key industry bodies including the top ranked MGSM MBA, the country’s longest-running and renowned actuarial studies program, as well as respected programs in accounting and finance.
At a University level, Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To learn more about this unique opportunity, please contact our advising consultant Kirsten Ludlow at Boyden on +61 (0) 2 9225 7400 or email@example.com.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Research doctorate in a relevant academic discipline;
- A well-articulated research agenda within the discipline and a record of high-quality publications;
- A record of personal achievement in delivering high-quality learning and teaching;
- Exceptional leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to foster the growth and development of teaching, learning, and research in the discipline of management;
- Extensive experience and expertise in the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programs;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of executive team, contributing to faculty strategic planning and the ability to translate and implement these as part of the department’s core areas of teaching, research, and engagement;
- Experience in developing relationships and networks within the practitioner community to support the development of the department and discipline;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of academic and professional staff.
Applications Close: 12 November 2018, 11:55 pm (AEDT)
This position requires qualification and criminal record checks.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.