Business Analyst, Advancement Services
Reporting to the Director, Advancement Systems, this position is responsible for partnering with staff in Alumni Affairs and Development to identify, design, test, manage and deliver systems enhancements, and support daily systems operations. This position plays an important role in the design, delivery and management of key projects involving the university Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system and other systems, as well as assisting in day to day user support.
This position participates in a wide variety of initiatives and varying phases of the systems implementation lifecycle, and ideal candidates must be eager to learn and action-oriented. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Translate opportunities and business needs into technical and non-technical solutions.
- Document, organize and manage business and technical requirements in a manner supportive of technical design and organizational decision-making.
- Perform application configuration.
- Assist with user support and training.
- Design and build queries to support technical analysis and design.
- Establish test plan and scripts.
- Liaise with Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts and End Users to perform user functional and user acceptance testing.
- Manage work, including milestones, resources, schedule and deliverables.
- Evaluate technical products for technical and functional fit.
- Contribute to the identification and management of incremental releases of functionality that support normal business operations, and delivery points on the roadmap.
- Collaborate with and support Process Owners and Business Analysts in the development of business cases, identification of business requirements, design of business processes, configuration of systems, user acceptance testing, and the creation and execution of change management and community adoption activities.
- Provide project management for non-operational support initiatives, including project work planning and management, resource planning and management, scope management, quality management, risk management, issue and decision management, vendor relations, and other activities related to the delivery and management of projects.
- Support the usage of metrics and qualitative data to manage and communicate the status of the project delivery.
- Works closely with subject matter experts and client groups for projects or programs of a medium to large size to consult, conduct analysis, and identify business objectives and solutions.
- Identifies core customer business issues and provides solution recommendations to address them. Develops necessary tools and workshops to successfully identify issues and evaluate recommendations.
- Gathers, receives and interprets data, analyses, and reports. Develops reporting modules, ad-hoc reports, and related reporting tools. Conducts research, data gathering, data analysis, modeling, projecting and scenario analyses, with the aid of planning technology and databases. Develops and harnesses the data that is available to identify existing business issues and key drivers and develops solutions and initiatives.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources in order to support the issues, conclusions and recommendations.
- Analyzes data with standard methods, interprets the results, and provides written summary and reporting of analysis.
- Develops and validates queries for the successful extraction of appropriate data.
- Develops and maintain documentations and libraries on key processes.
- Ensures accuracy to maintain the high quality and integrity of information, data and databases.
- Contributes to the development of unit and/or University plans and strategies. Researches, gathers data and provides recommendations.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to establish the vision, analyze costs and benefits and support implementation. Ensures strategic and tactical plans are carried out.
- Communicates effectively the perspective of business opportunities, needs, and risks.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and four years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
User and customer-oriented.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Background Check Requirements
Affirmative Action Statement: