Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.25 to $23.72 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 60000011-Marketing & Communications
Personnel area: School of Education
This position will be an integral part of the School of Education’s Office of Marketing and Communications within the Office of Development and External Relations. The candidate will work as part of a team to promote the mission of the school. The position will perform a wide variety of duties related to project coordination, administrative duties, communications, visual asset management, digital newsletters, digital invitations and RSVP creation, list management, and graphic design support. This position serves as a primary liasion for project requests and provides administrative and staff support for MARCOM.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Working with MARCOM, this position will offer project coordination, administrative, printing, design, social media and web support as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the schoolwide Marketing Request Form.
- Coordinate projects, assemble content, manage project timeline, and monitor approval process.
- Organize and attend project scheduling meetings.
- Record, update, document, and archive projects in Basecamp/Airtable or other project management software used.
- Serve as the primary administrative coordinator for the Office of Marketing and Communications, prepare agendas, attend weekly meetings, monthly SoE Communicators Breakfasts, and contribute to strategic planning.
- Coordinate communications aspects of projects submitted through The Marketing and Communications Project Request Form, which could include scheduling, gathering content, visual assets, and other materials as needed.
- Coordinate budget and accounting matters related to the day-to-day operations and supplies of the office, including maintaining a spreadsheet for vendors and independent contractors.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and other similar activities for supervisors.
- Establish, maintain, and update files, email databases, assets, templates and other documents as needed.
- Prepare materials such as PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, InDesign files, and other documents as requested.
- Manage travel signage (step and repeat, pop-up displays, and retractable banners.) Serve as the point of contact for signage check out, storage, and return.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interact and fosters relationships with internal clients regarding project content and project timelines.
- Familiar with JHU branding guidelines to prevent brand violations.
- Familiar or will learn W3C guidelines for disability access of the web.
- Assist with making the JHU SOE website more accessible.
- Assist Web Specialist with weekly social media schedule as needed.
- Assemble reports with Social Media Specialist Manager to support communication effectiveness.
- Assist Web Specialist with collation of reports on web analytics.
- Perform web research/competitor research of peer websites.
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
- Two years of college coursework.
- Some related experience.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Word in the creation, editing, and review of documents including formatting text and tables, embedding graphics, and using tracking modes.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel in the creation and use of spreadsheets including sorting and filtering data, using basic formulas, and creating graphs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving email, maintaining a work calendar, and scheduling appointments.
- Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint for creating, editing, and viewing presentations including using slide templates, inserting graphics, and printing handouts.
- Ability to use project management software including Basecamp/Airtable.
- Ability to use Adobe product Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) to create and edit documents as needed, resize photos, modify templates, and other aspects of design/layout.
- Ability to use WordPress or other website CMS to make updates, upload photos, post articles and create redirects.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational, management, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience or expressed interest in graphic design.
- Proofing and editing skills are desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrates initiative and independence in completing tasks.
- Position will involve occasional travel, including event support when needed. Hours may be flexible with advanced notice.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: