Physician Assistant, Orthopaedics
Duke’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is a dynamic department experiencing tremendous growth in 2019. We are seeking an experienced Orthopaedic Physician Assistant (3 years preferred with experience in Sports) to join our expanding team in Durham, N.C.
Hours for this position are Monday –Friday 8 am – 5 pm.
We offer a great learning environment in one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the nation. Competitive candidates will possess strong orthopaedic clinical skills and experience with ultrasound guided injections is preferred.
Other duties listed below:
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient's record; write progress notes and narrative discharge summaries; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings. Referral of patients for surgical treatments as required and referral to other specialists as well as physical therapy.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient's progress.
- Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- May make work assignments for assigned nursing and technical personnel; review the work of other staff; train new personnel.
- Participate in teaching medical students and physician assistant students in techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duke University is a world renowned organization which offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Guaranteed base salary
- Productivity bonus
- Generous contributory retirement plan
- Generous vacation, holiday, sick leave
- Continuing education days / funds
- Paid Professional License
- Paid DEA
- Children’s Tuition College Grant
The Greater Triangle area of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill area is family-friendly, while offering young singles many options for an active outdoor and social scene. The Research Triangle Park (RTP), a globally prominent high-tech research and development center, was conceived around the three main academic centers in the region - Duke, UNC,and NC State. This trio of world-renowned universities coupled with the bio-tech companies of RTP, has made the area culturally diverse, economically resilient and nationally recognized as a great place to live.
Requisition Number 401503169
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1631 PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Job Family Level 55
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor’s degree in Health Science and a Physician Assistant Certificate of Registration with the North Carolina Medical Board or be certification eligible, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
2- 3 years PA preferred experience in Sports Orthopaedic' is preferred. Ortho clinical rotations considered.
Auto req ID