Student Recruitment Officer, Duke Kunshan University
Duke Kunshan University (DKU) seeks to appoint a Student Recruitment Officer based at Duke University for its graduate programs to drive recruiting efforts throughout the US and Canada, including Electrical and Computer Engineering, Environmental Policy, Medical Physics, and Global Health. DKU is looking for qualified candidates who are willing and able to plan and take part in a wide variety of recruitment activities that will promote DKU’s graduate degree programs offered in Kunshan, China. Reports to: Director of Graduate Programs and Recruitment for Duke Kunshan University.
- 40% In conjunction with the Director, develop and implement a comprehensive annual recruiting strategy for the US and Canada markets; this includes developing appropriate faculty/staff/student contactsat targeted institutions throughout the USA, and Canada conducting campus visits/fairs annually, identifying and participating in national and international conferences representing DKU, and other actions as directed.
- 20% In conjunction with the Director, assist with the development of marketing efforts for North America- focused promotional materials including the communication of the programs’ web pages updates and producing regular news and information that can be published on the Duke University’s website, as well the management and execution of outreach events.
- 20% Manage US and Canada student inquiries and applications, including all necessaryforms required by DKU. Communicate directly with students from their initial inquiry to participation in the DKU graduate program. Use Six Points of Contact strategy with every prospective student. Communicate student information to appropriate DKU staff.
- 10% Maintain detailed and accurate budget for all US/Canada-based marketing and recruitment efforts. Manage all business expenses according to Duke University and DKU policies and procedures as applicable.
- 5% Actively participate in all relevant staff training and development events, including those in China and other locations.
- 5% Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Required
At least 2 years of experience in higher education and recruiting, Master degree a plus. Knowledge of the graduate recruitment market in the US and Canada. Demonstrated project management and planning skills for complex projects with tight deadlines. Demonstrated experience with managing budget and expenses.
Experience with domestic and international travel. Ability to work a flexible schedule and to travel extensively during major recruiting seasons (September 1 – November 15, January 15 – May 15). Ability to be an effective team member and to work independently with a positive attitude. Demonstrated ability to grasp and use new technologies. Must be comfortable in a highly computerized environment, including database management, and forms of popular social media. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English. Chinese would be a plus. Highly organized with ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Results-oriented individual with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
We are pleased that you are exploring employment opportunities with Duke University for the Student Recruitment Officer position that supports Duke Kunshan University (System title: Admissions Officer II). To apply for this position, applications / resumes must be submitted through our online process. Paper resumes will not be considered. To apply for the Student Recruitment Officer (System title: Admissions Officer II) go to: https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply.
Requisition Number 401503617
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 1722 ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
Job Family Level 11
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires a knowledge and understanding of college experience and student life obtained through the attainment of abachelor's degree.
Two years of experience as an Admissions Officer or the equivalent at acomparable college or university.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID