Assistant Director Pharmacy
General Description of the Job Class:
Manage, coordinate and participate in pharmaceutical services related to the preparation and dispensing of drugs and pharmaceutical supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Manager, coordinate and participate in preparation, labeling and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies; ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and narcotics and the maintenance of require records.
- Plan and schedule work of staff, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties; train new personnel.
- Compile charges for prescriptions filled; maintain accountability and cost records on drugs and pharmaceutical supplies prepared and dispensed.
- Maintain interface with medical staff to provide information pertaining to new pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage and compatibility and new regulations regarding drug controls.
- Evaluate and recommend patients for self-medication procedures; instruct patients in the proper usage of prescribed drugs and make rounds with physicians to evaluate patient's progress.
- Maintain inventory, reorder and stock drugs and supplies as required.
- Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes in standards.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions and vacation schedules.
- Perform related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- home or infusion or homecare or hospital
Requisition Number 401504907
Duke Entity DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
Job Code 5222 ASSIST DIR, PHARMACY
Job Family Level J1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelors or doctorate in Pharmacy. A masters in Business Administration or Pharmacy Administration preferred.
Five years clinical experience in a supervisory position OR completion of a non-management pharmacy residency program and two years of supervisory experience OR completion of a health system pharmacy administration residency program.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
North Carolina Pharmacist's License required. Certification in basic life support preferred.
Auto req ID