7 days left
- Full Time
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter must include examples of how your past work experience is applicable to this position. The cover letter must also include specific examples of how, in your work experience, you effectively demonstrated at a minimum, the following behaviors and the impact it had within your organization: - customer service and communication - problem solving, critical thinking skills, and initiation of effective solutions
The Financial Services & Budget (FSB) Accounting Associate would be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting; accounting reconciliation; submission of accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions; journal entries; assist in yearend closure and prepare reports for yearend analysis; support Flint campus departments; contribute to any special projects assigned by the UMF VCBF, Regional Controller, and/or Assistant Division Controller; and participate in the Financial Community of Practice career path within FSB.
- Prepare monthly Statement of Financial Condition Reports for each University Fund
- Prepare Student Accounts Receivable Trend Reports including Graphs
- Review & Report on Overdrafts in University Funds
- Monitor monthly financial closures and communicate this information to UMF Campus Business Administrators
- Monitor, maintain, and update the University’s Financial System for the Flint Campus
- Monitor and report on Departmental Equipment
- Reconcile Student Accounts Receivable and prepare monthly reporting
- Reconcile the Income Statement & Balance Sheets for all University Funds
- Review and correct the incorrect use of University accounts, classes, campus erroneous payroll, fund transfers
- Open/Update/Close University Financial Shortcodes & Chartfields
- Review University travel advances, utility vouchers, campus SUB uploads, and deposits
- Review, upload, and image all University journals
- Process Housing monthly Utilities Recharge
- Review and process University Endowment Distributions if needed
- Assist in Flint Campus Yearend Closure
- Prepare any necessary reporting for yearend analysis
SPECIAL PROJECTS – OTHER
- Support UMF departments on financial business policy & procedures
- Train and support University departments on the University’s financial systems (MPathways, Business Objects)
- Support Annual Reporting for Federal (IPEDS), State (HEIDI), Internal Controls (GAPS), Tax (UBIT), Space, Asset Management, and Equipment Replacement Plans
- Support any special projects assigned by the Vice Chancellor of Business & Finance, Regional Controller, or Division Controller
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in financial accounting, reconciling, creating, analyzing, and reporting financial information as evidenced by 0-2 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to understand Fund Accounting fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to know data base or data warehouse querying software as evidenced by stating knowledge of different systems used resulting in examples of how data is extracted, manipulated, and used in a report.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, especially advanced functions in Excel.
- Demonstrated customer service competencies as evidence by the ability to focus on the needs of others resulting in being recognized as a provider of choice.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills as evidence by clear written procedures and/or oral presentations resulting in messages being understood by constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive influence on the work team as evidenced by an approachable, positive attitude resulting in increased collaboration and support of group initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills and a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of statistical reporting
- Experience with MPathways (Peoplesoft), Concur, Business Objects Querying/Reporting Tool
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.