Associate Professor - Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Associate Professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). All positions are tenure-track appointment (i.e. appointees are given fixed contracts for up to 7 years, with the goal of obtaining tenured appointments at the end of this period). In additional to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members are eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation.
The positions are specifically for faculty to work in the Health Systems & Behavioral Sciences Domain of SSHPH. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Health services research in primary care, health systems research, chronic disease management, novel care models and care integration in a background of a rapidly ageing population;
- Social and behavioral science research on factors affecting prevention, control and mitigation of chronic and acute communicable and non-communicable diseases in populations; and on development of innovative community and national strategies and interventions to impact on socio-behavioral and health outcomes;
- Economic analyses on improving the design, capacity, financing and cost-effectiveness of public health systems and health care systems;
- Comparative effectiveness analysis and health technology assessment;
- Telemedicine, including research in e-health, use of mobile devices, and large scale information system analysis;
- Implementation research and delivery system research in health care to accelerate the improvement of systems of care and practice.
a) Recognized Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline;
b) Strong track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals;
c) Experienced in leading independent research studies at national, regional or international level;
d) Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
e) Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
f) Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
g) Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding;
- developing collaborative, multidisciplinary research;
- curricula design and teaching;
- graduate student advising,
- and contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references, and a completed NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants form to:
Miss Charmaine Tang
For more information on NUS please visit: www.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health please visit www.sph.nus.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more on NUS, please visit click here
Apply for Associate Professor - Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly