Associate Professor - Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Associate Professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). All positions are tenure-track appointment (i.e. appointees are given fixed contracts for up to 7 years, with the goal of obtaining tenured appointments at the end of this period). In additional to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members are eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation.
The positions are specifically for faculty to work in the Health Systems & Behavioral Sciences Domain of SSHPH. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Health services research in primary care, health systems research, chronic disease management, novel care models and care integration in a background of a rapidly ageing population;
- Social and behavioral science research on factors affecting prevention, control and mitigation of chronic and acute communicable and non-communicable diseases in populations; and on development of innovative community and national strategies and interventions to impact on socio-behavioral and health outcomes;
- Economic analyses on improving the design, capacity, financing and cost-effectiveness of public health systems and health care systems;
- Comparative effectiveness analysis and health technology assessment;
- Telemedicine, including research in e-health, use of mobile devices, and large scale information system analysis;
- Implementation research and delivery system research in health care to accelerate the improvement of systems of care and practice.
a) Recognized Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline;
b) Strong track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals;
c) Experienced in leading independent research studies at national, regional or international level;
d) Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
e) Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
f) Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
g) Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding;
- developing collaborative, multidisciplinary research;
- curricula design and teaching;
- graduate student advising,
- and contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references, and a completed NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants form to:
Miss Charmaine Tang
For more information on NUS please visit: www.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health please visit www.sph.nus.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Associate Professor - Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly