Housekeeper, The Athenaeum
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Under direct supervision of the Director of Hotel Operations and Membership, this full time housekeeper position maintains guest rooms, replenishes linens, towels and supplies, processes laundry, checks rooms for functionality, and responds to customer requests. Shifts will vary seven days a week, including some evening work as required by business demands or activity. Shifts will be 8 hours in duration five days a week, as business demands.
- Responds promptly to customers requests
- Stocks lobby restrooms with all appropriate amenities; i.e. soap, towels, toilet paper, seat covers during events
- Patrols front entrance, lobby and adjacent areas for litter, dirty glasses, trash, etc.
- Work evenings as coat check as needed
- Maintain guest rooms and public areas in a clean and orderly condition; ensures all rooms are immaculate, functional, and meet the highest standards of presentation
- Replenish linens and collects/disposes of soiled linens according to protocol
- Sanitize surfaces; i.e. counters, mirrors, toilets, floors and other areas according to standards
- Collect and dispose of trash
- Launder sheets, towels and other applicable items
- Stock guest rooms with all appropriate amenities; i.e. soap, towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner etc.
- Check rooms for complete functionality and report repairs to supervisor and/or maintenance operations
- Perform inventory and maintain list of items in each room; communicate purchase needs to supervisor
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and hotel guests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1 year of relevant Housekeeping work experience
- Ability to carry a minimum of 50 pounds repetitively throughout the day
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Proven English speaking, reading and writing skills
- Flexible to perform a variety of duties
- Available to work various shifts as well as overtime and weekends as business demands