Assistant Director, Reunion and Homecoming
Starting Salary Range ($s): 43,101 - 52,202
Employee group (Full time/Part-time/Limited/Casual): Full-time
Schedule (hours/days): M-F, 37.5
Employee subgroup (FLSA Status): Exempt
Department name: DAR
Personnel area (School): UA
The Office of Homewood Alumni Relations serves the 220,000 alumni of the Johns Hopkins University. Located in the San Martin Center, the office consists of a team of 5 individuals who work with alumni volunteers, development staff, university departments, and outside vendors.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, develops, coordinates, and oversees the logistical management for the Reunion & Homecoming programs Alumni Weekend (AW) and Young Alumni Weekend (YAW). As a member of this fast paced team, provides independent and comprehensive support to the programming for Young Alumni Weekend and Alumni Weekend, the main events for the Reunion & Homecoming Office. Work closely with the volunteer leadership and committees for assigned reunion classes (3 or 4 classes) to manage all details and reunion activities for the Homewood Undergraduate alumni. In addition, partner with the Office of Annual Giving, Krieger School of Arts & Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering Gift Officers. Serve as the Reunion & Homecoming liaison to our University event partners (Plant Operations, Security, Parking, Recreation, Registrar, Event Management team and any other departments) in communicating and scheduling programming information. Oversee the annual budgeting process and monitor monthly budget projections.
- Partner with development staffs in the Office of Annual Giving, Schools of Arts & Sciences and Engineering to co-manage assigned reunion committees and to increase overall alumni attendance, gift participation and alumni experience.
- Provide volunteer committee members with regular and timely communication of fundraising, participation, and engagement progress and results.
- Oversee and manage key components of specific experiences for Alumni Weekend and Young Alumni programs.
- Oversee the logistical management for the Reunion & Homecoming office for Alumni Weekend (approximately 125 programs over the course of 3-days with over 7,700 attendees) and Young Alumni Weekend (10 programs over the course of 2-days with over 2,500 attendees).
- Understand the operational components of program to include the planning, the coordination, and the allocation of infrastructure for all activities, the security plan for the overall program, and the management and coordination with all University partners.
- Build and maintain a collaborative partnership with the Registrar’s Scheduling Office and the University Events Scheduling Office. Coordinate with all scheduling offices the University locations and calendar for all Reunion & Homecoming events and all student events.
- Work with all departments & student groups who will be hosting events on campus during Alumni Weekend to determine their logistical needs, establish deadlines, and ensure all requests are being met.
- Develop relationship with external vendors; coordinate the evaluation process and vendor contracts. (Vendors to include, but not limited to, catering, décor, tenting, entertainment, transportation, etc.)
- Coordinate catering for YAW and Alumni Weekend large events (1,000 to 1,500 attendees).
- Serve as the main point of contact for all campus partners and outside vendors leading up to and immediately following Alumni Weekend and Young Alumni Weekend.
- Oversee the set up and break down process of all main structures, events, etc. leading up to and immediately following Alumni Weekend and Young Alumni Weekend.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.