Major Gifts Officer, Duke Health Development
Develop programs and strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward grateful patients, and friends of Duke Raleigh Hospital for significant gifts to fund projects and priorities.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts prospects ($100K or more);recommend and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual prospects, working with administration,faculty and volunteers as appropriate.
- Build partnerships, establish and maintain regular communication with faculty to increase and manage the level of faculty referrals of grateful patients to enhance major gifts activities.
- Assist administrators and faculty in the identification and prioritization of institutional and departmental funding needs;keep abreast of institutional programs.
- Develop, evaluate and refine plans and timetables for departmental or theme assignments; assist in planning and/or directing cultivation events or programs.
- Identify and participate in special events, recognition and stewardship programs as appropriate;write acknowledgement letters as needed to enhance relationships with donors.
- Write or assist in drafting proposals and other materials as necessary;assist with publicity arrangements on important gifts, programs, accomplishments or events.
- Follow procedures in coordination with the Office of Gift records to ensure effective collecting,recording, accounting, acknowledgement and follow-up on all private gifts to assigned departments.
- Develop contact reports and monthly moves management reports.
- Work with colleagues across the institution to collaborate on prospects with multiple interests.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of major gifts prospects.
- Follow best fundraising and operational practices for Duke Health Development.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires five years of progressive fund raising experience in arelated organization with aproven track record in major gifts. Campaign experience is desirable or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
A proven track record of success in personally cultivating, soliciting,and stewarding gifts of at leastsix figures from individuals, foundations, and corporations. A high level of comfort and effectiveness working with high net worth individuals and corporate business leaders.Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively to a large/diverse audience, including senior administration, board members, donors, prospects, colleagues, staff, physicians, faculty, and other constituents. Must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency, a clear set ofpriorities, and the ability to adapt to and lead through changing circumstances in an environment where working across boundaries and leveraging strengths are necessary. Must have a creative approach to problem solving, and strong critical thinking and analytical skills. A high level of energy, self-confidence, optimism, and the ability to function at peak levels in a high expectation environment are essential. Occasional travel and flexibility in work hours will be necessary at times to accomplish objectives and satisfy goals.
Requisition Number 401504407
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1821 MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Job Family Level 16
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires five years of progressive fund raising experience in a related organization with a proven track record in major gifts.Campaign experience is desirable.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID