Research Technician I
- Maintaining and passaging of patient derived xenografts in mice both subcutaneously and orthotopically (liver and renal capsule injection)
- Treatment of patient derived xenografts with various therapeutic agents and monitoring of growth curve and response rates
- Maintaining patient derived models of cancer in cell culture such as early passage cancer cell lines and organoids and performing high throughput drugscreen on these models
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Completes projects by assisting project team; attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
Requisition Number 401503883
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 942 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN I
Job Family Level 06
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an Associate's degree in botany, biology, zoology or other science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID