Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Perform all levels of work in the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment within Duke Medicine facilities in accordance with pertinent local, state, and federal codes and regulatory requirements; assist in training new staff members.
- Maintain, repair and/or replace HVAC systems and equipment in hospital, medical or research facilities to include, but not limited to, chillers, cooling towers, direct expansion systems, electric blast coils, immersion coil pumps, fans, starters, pneumatic and electric controls, electrostatic filters, domestic refrigerators, walk-in coolers and freezers, fountain equipment and ice makers..
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on HVAC systems and equipment in accordance with established schedules and procedures; test and examine systems and equipment to assess functional status and conformance with hospital standards and state, local and federal code and regulatory standards.
- Complete required documentation to include, but not limited to, work order forms, inventory/order forms, and corrective/preventive maintenance documents; use computer software as applicable to maintenance and repair activities plus various employee training, payroll and compliance requirements.
- Maintain, adjust, modify and perform major overhaul and repair of refrigeration and air conditioning systems by interpreting blueprints, manufacturer specifications, written and verbal instructions.
- Make initial settings and final adjustments of refrigeration and air conditioning systems and modifying existing installations to obtain required results.
- Charge all types of refrigeration equipment.
- Follow a predetermined schedule of preventive maintenance; make recommendations regarding major overhaul of systems.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to lower level personnel.
- Assist in training new staff members.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
753 HVAC MECHANIC, (CERT/LIC)
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an educational background normally equivalent to high school with course work in skilled crafts Work requires North Carolina license.
Work requires 4 years of broad based experience in: Charging small refrigeration appliances; changing compressors, belts and valves; and adjusting and calibrating temperature and humidity controls
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID