Financial Management Services
Financial Management Services (FMS) is part of the Stanford University Business Affairs organization, whose vision is “to work together to make financial administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research.”
Specifically, this position will reside within Financial Management Consulting & Support (FMCS), which is responsible for driving system initiatives, and improving customer satisfaction through effective customer support, training, online support materials, marketing and communications.
The Marketing and Communications team within FMCS seeks an experienced communications specialist who will participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives to enable programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. By partnering effectively with business owners, you will engage and support users of FMS programs and services through clear, timely and engaging communications. Your success in this role involves collaborative project management, proactive problem-solving, creative and strategic thinking and a focus on the user experience.
Our team will be located on our new Stanford Redwood City campus, which is scheduled to open in 2019, and will bring together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford’s culture and mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
- Recommend, develop and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives and facilitate change management in collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Plan and lead implementation of integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Communicate and support the university’s understanding of policies, processes, and systems associated with purchasing & payables, travel and reimbursement, and the university's Purchasing Card and Travel Card programs.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead change management efforts.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Seven or more years of experience
- Experience communicating about products or services provided by an external vendor partner
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
You may be required to occasionally work on evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.