Business Development Officer, APR.Intern
Position based in Brisbane, QLD
About the APR.Intern program
Australian Postgraduate Research Intern (APR.Intern) is the only national all sector, all discipline internship program placing PhD students into business.
Driving innovation and accelerating the placement of highly skilled researchers into industry through short-term industry and research collaborations, both industry and academia are set to benefit from this invaluable experience.
APR.Intern is a program at AMSI, the national institute for the mathematical sciences in Australia. The program model was developed by AMSI and is strongly embraced following expansion to include all disciplines. The APR.Intern program is receiving strong praise nationally and a high-level of return business.
About the role
The Business Development Officer, under the guidance of the Business Development Manager, is responsible for securing projects with the public and private sector and building channel partnerships to support the APR.Intern program.
The Business Development Officer will engage with industry to ascertain the research needs of the organisation while simultaneously working with universities to place research specialists to strategic partners. In addition, the Business Development Officer will need to attend events and symposiums to develop new industry leads whilst also continuing to engage with existing partners and look to expand those relationships.
The incumbent will be:
- energetic, self-motivated and able to engage with industry from SMEs to large corporates, research institutes and government agencies as well as the university sector.
- able to demonstrate their ability to develop strategic partnerships with business and industry and to foster strong collaborative and productive relationships.
- able to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, clear communication, and negotiation skills
- able to demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities
The successful applicant will enjoy:
- work with multiple Queensland universities
- work across all industry sectors
- facilitation of ground breaking research
- extensive networking opportunities
- attendance at a wide variety of events
- an independent work environment
- a university salary package
How to apply
This rare opportunity could be yours. Apply for this job here on The University of Melbourne's job page. The incumbent will be an employee of AMSI, c/- The University of Melbourne but will be based in Brisbane, QLD with desk space at multiple Brisbane, Queensland universities and will be required to travel between Brisbane and other Queensland universities.
Applicants must address the selection criteria in the position description.
Close date: 21 Oct 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria