Student Ambassador and Outreach Coordinator
1 day left
- Full Time
- To create an outstanding team of ambassadors, representing the University of Sydney and contribute to the success of the student portfolio.
- Located at Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing package, $108,937 p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
Global Student Recruitment
About the opportunity
The Student Ambassador and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for managing the Student Ambassador (SA) Program to create an outstanding team of ambassadors, representing the University of Sydney and to contribute to the success of the student portfolio targets to meet strategic recruitment objectives.
The primary function of the Student Ambassador Program is to develop a team of current University of Sydney students to promote the University, its courses and programs through outreach activities and recruitment initiatives. The Student Ambassador Program recruits and trains over 100 ambassadors to provide services for both domestic and international recruitment for the student recruitment department, faculties and other PSUs.
Reporting to, the Recruitment Manager, you will plan, execute and review the Student Ambassador program and student recruitment activities and ensure they are in line with the recruitment strategy, while also selecting and recruiting the best Student Ambassadors who will represent the University.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a
Student Ambassador and Outreach Coordinator who can:
- develop training content and workshops designed for Student Ambassadors to attend
- manage relationships within the School Network, ensuring career advisers, teachers and other key influencers are provided with relevant information about courses.
- actively contribute to a team environment that fosters and develops effective working relationships, working collaboratively with the wider Recruitment team, showing consideration for colleagues and valuing the contribution of others
- demonstrate service excellence in all interactions both internally and externally
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, superior verbal and written and communication skills and the ability to supervise and motivate staff.
The University of Sydney's Strategic Plan 2016-2020 commits the University to completing the Student Lifecycle Management program to create a seamless student experience of the University's administration from first enquiry to alumni engagement. This includes the imperative of recruiting the most talented students; from a diversity of backgrounds; through a variety of channels and means into as broad a set of destination faculties and schools as possible.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1889/0918C to apply.
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Recruitment Officer, Karen Dowling on 02 8627 8612 or email@example.com
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing Date: 22nd October 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the capacity to engage with a wide range of people.
- Proven ability to supervise and motivate staff.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player – able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and creative problem solving within a team environment.
- Experience in recruiting, selecting and training
- Demonstrated experience in high level relationship management with significant customer customer service experience.
- Proven capacity to manage a range of complex issues simultaneously and plan and execute workflows to meet deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to coordinate staff and student activity across multiple events
- An undergraduate degree with evidence of a commitment to continuing professional development
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to work outside office hours where required